Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference

I am always excited about conference weekend and I am also always looking for things to keep the kids engaged and happy!  There are tons of ideas online, so I made a few tweaks and tried a few ... and I think they will be great conference traditions!  Thanks to our DVR we were able to watch all the sessions and felt truly blessed to hear the words of our prophet and leaders.

The first idea is the "conference notes" binder.  It came from all  the ideas I always find (and print) from sugardoodle.  I wanted to take the conference packets a step further and create something we could pull out and add to every conference.  We personalized each binder, which was fun, and now everyone has their notes and coloring pages in one spot.


The second idea was general conference trail mix found here -  We made it before conference and talked about the importance of listening to the talks throughout the weekend.  It was a BIG hit with the kids!



The third idea was yummy cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning. My friend Patti passed along this recipe from The Pioneer Woman .  They were easy to make and got 2 thumbs up from everyone in the family!!



Delicious!

2 comments:

Claudine said...

I love those traditions! I really need to find some way to keep my kids more entertained and actually somewhat engaged because I just fail. Oh well. Those rolls look yummy too!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the binder idea! We've been playing Conference Bingo for the last few years, but I just love the idea of adding to a binder. There were so many wonderful messages at Conference, and writing down impressions and feelings would be a great addition to conference. Thanks for sharing!