Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Girls Camp Crafts

When I was first called as a Stake Girls Camp Assistant Director I scoured pinterest and blogs for ideas ... it has been years since I went to girls camp!    I knew then that I wanted to try to post the ideas that worked for us for all the other camp leaders out there!

We had a craft director, so I didn't have to do any of the work on these.   She and her group of YCL's (youth camp leaders) decided on the crafts, bought supplies, prepped them, and taught them to the girls at camp.  They did an awesome job!

Here is our craft shack - where all the crafting at camp took place!


[we even got our bishopric in on a little crafting ;)]



...and here are the crafts!


 [there is a great tutorial for knitting jersey here ]

These three things were very popular, girls were wearing them all week - they caught on to it quickly and made several!  I think I will use this craft at our fall Girl Scout Camp.


These were made out of laminate samples, paper scraps and embellishments (initials, camp logo, flowers, etc.) and stuck together with modpodged 

 [Both of these ideas were originally found here]

Both of these were also very fun.  
I liked that our theme could be incorporated in the necklace using the word aim or creating an arrow.  It took a bit of patience, but lots of the girls were able to make some really cute ones - it was helpful to have lots of examples, and paper for the girls to sketch out their word or design before they started actually bending the wire.

0 comments: