Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Aim High!

I am finally feeling recovered enough to edit pictures and blog about Girls Camp.


Just like Taylor's song '22'  it was "miserable and magical in the best way!"  In fact we (the Stake Camp Leaders) welcomed the girls to camp with our own version of '22' - our version was '42' in honor of my birthday and our ages.  Yep, started off camp embarrassing Susie-Q and continued that later in the evening with our synchronized swimming skit ... lol!  Hopefully she has recovered by now!
Here is a clip of that skit ...




Here are 3 of my favorite things about camp this year...

The COPE COURSE
(COPE = challenging outdoor personal experience)

It was amazing to watch Susie and the girls tackle these elements with strength and bravery ... and to see their confidence in themselves grow and to watch them become closer as groups.   Awesome!



 Multi-vine Traverse

 Milk Crate Climbing

 The Confidence Pole

Night Zip line

This activity is reserved for the level 5 and 6 year girls - Since I was over the level 5 girls I got to get in on the action!

SCRIPTURE STUDY


Each day the entire camp gathered for 15 minutes of scripture study @ the pavilion.  We had purchased a pocket size Book of Mormon for each girl with our (the Stake Camp Leaders) testimony in it.  We also had these incredible booklets to go along with our theme each day - they were full of scripture references, quotes, pictures, and personal progress challenges - they were like a printed out pinterest board and the girls really loved them.






A copy of the book is available through the links below - it is not editable.  I am also including the clip art we used for the cover (second link) - we lost our original cover, but you can use the clip art to create your own with the current year and camp etc.  
Good luck!



THE GIRLS

Watching them have fun and feel the spirit made all of the work and worry worth it!

Roseville 5th Ward

Me and Susie

Friends

Our YCL's


29 comments:

donna said...

So amazing!! I have to say, I'm a little jealous. I don't miss the stress, but I do miss being a part of camp. Way to go camp leader! and Happy Birthday!

Jo said...

Any chance you'll share the booklet? It looks awesome. joisrael_12@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi there... I am also looking for that amazing booklet. Can you share it?
Thank you! andra.shosted@gmail.com

Aubrey Switzer said...

This was so adorable!! Could I copy your Aim High booklet as well? So cute!! mskswitzer@yahoo.com

Lindsay said...

I was just called as camp director today and before I was called the theme aim high was chosen :) I love your booklet. Is there any way I can get the pages you put into it? thanks a bunch blrhoton@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Oh wow!!! Your camp booklets are amazing! Would you be able to send me a copy for our girls camp? Thank you so much!! Absolutely loved all your Aim High ideas! (njanselmo@gmail.com)

Sara said...

not sure if you check this blog still...but I would love a copy of your aim high booklet! we are using aim high as our camp theme this coming year...

sarahyde8@gmail.com

Sara said...

I would also love a copy of your booklet/journal you made. What a great camp you ran! We are also using AIM HIGH as our camp theme this year! sarahyde8@gmail.com

Kathy D said...

Hi! Can I see your booklet as a jumping-off point for one that I want to make? Looks amazing! rdobbs10@yahoo.com

Aimers said...

I would LOVE a copy of the Aim High booklet if you are willing to share...
amyjoy2001@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Summer said...

Is it possible to get a link to the booklet pages? Getting ready for our Ward YW Camp this summer. Love your ideas! lusum54@yahoo.com.

molly said...

With the new "Press Forward" theme this year for YW..and the arrow symbol everywhere, we have decided to use "Aim High" as our camp theme! I would love to be able to use anything you might be willing to share, including the darling booklet!
Thank you!!
Molly Dean

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If you leave me an email I'll send you a copy of it.

Unknown said...

Can I get your shirt design?? Love it! Bonaubcayd@gmail.com

Bonnie said...

did you have any great games/activities to go along with your theme?

Mandy said...

I would love to get a copy of the booklet too! I'm having a hard time opening the pdf. I just got called as our stake camp director and this is perfect!!! Thanks! mandy.bealer@gmail.com

Mandy said...

Is there a copy that I can edit? We are only going Tuesday - Friday. I wanted to mix and match them if that was ok. Thanks!Sorry, this is my second comment. I finally got the pdf to work. :) mandy.bealer@gmail.com

The Zoo Keeper said...

Please sent me the book download! Thank you!!hafenzoo@gmail

April said...

I also would LOVE to get your shirt design! It's totally darling!!

apriltbean@gmail.com

Katm said...

LOVE it: Kathy_golfer@hotmail.com would love a copy (maybe an editable one?) All Right to you of course.

Brooklyn Lamb said...

Could I also get the booklet? So cute!
brooklyn.anderson@hotmail.ca
Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Hi all! There is a link posted under the pictures of the booklet - sorry I don't have an editable version.

Wendy Green said...

Your book is amazing and exactly what I am looking for. I would also like an editable copy. kwgreen14@gmail.com.
Thank you

Unknown said...

Do you have a editable copy of the cover page? I was able to print everything but that.

Unknown said...

This book is amazing! Is there a way to get a copy that I can edit a bit. Our theme is different but there are so many pages that would work, that I would love to use. Thank you for sharing your fantastic talents!
giantgardo@hotmail.com

Krista said...

Any chance I could get at editable version of your booklet? It is amazing! Our theme is a little different, but so many of the pages would still work great for it! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Not editable - sorry

Unknown said...

Not editable - sorry