Thursday, May 17, 2012

Early Mornings


This entire school year Steve has been in charge of taking Ben to early morning Seminary and then school.   They have their routine down pat ... but, a few weeks ago Steve went out of town for 2 weeks and so that job became mine.
Now I am NOT an early morning person, or even a morning person for that matter ... So I set my alarm to 5:30 AM (actually I set 2 alarms and Ben set 2 alarms {he didn't think I would be able to do this!})  


I am happy to report that I did it, we did it!  I woke up, woke ben up!, made him breakfast and lunch and dropped him of at the church that they have seminary in.  I was pretty tired the first few days, but then I got used to it and I found that it was nice to have those few moments with Ben before his day started as well as to see his dedication to attending every morning.  I am proud of him ...  I had released time seminary in UT and I am not sure I could have gotten up early every morning with such a good attitude :) I believe his decision to attend Seminary gives him strength and support as he goes to school, interacts with friends and practices soccer!
In a recent New Era article it says:
"You are not alone in your decision to attend seminary. Throughout the world, hundreds of thousands of youth make seminary a part of their lives, reaching their classrooms by bus, canoe, bicycle, and more. Some youth wake up early and travel long distances to arrive in time, others make the journey in the evenings, and still others study at home for several days of the week.
Attending seminary requires sacrifice, but youth throughout the world are finding that seminary participation is worth every effort. And those who participate have something in common: their seminary experience brings them closer to the Savior and to our Heavenly Father."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha there is not a day that does by where i am SO happy i don't have seminary anymore!