Friday, January 13, 2012

Deep Thoughts

I remember when Ben was about Sam's age and he made a rocket ship to get to Jesus, I took a picture and it is tucked away in his scrapbook.  Now that Sam is in that phase I am going to type the things he says here ... so someday I will be able to tell him what he was like at age 5.


A little conversation about the 2nd coming with Sam on our way home from the gym (so random):


Sam:
Where does Jesus live?


Me:
Heaven


Sam:
How far away is that ... up to the clouds or high in the air?


Me:
I am not sure.


Sam:
I wonder how Jesus will get down here?


Me:
What do you mean?


Sam
You know when we are all 'died' and he comes.


Me:
Hmmm


Sam:
I wonder if he will parachute ... and then land on a mattress ... or maybe he will jump and the whole tristate area (yes, he is a Phineas and Ferb Fan!) will be covered with mattresses for him to land on!  Probably that.


Me:
You think?  ... Maybe he will float down.


Sam:
Mom, it isn't space.


Me:
Well, I mean float down like an angel.


Sam:
Mom!  Angels have wings!  They fly!


Me:
OK ... Mattresses it is :)




A little later, I showed him this picture ... and he liked it ... I think it looks a little better than free falling onto mattresses - lol!


0 comments: