Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quadruple the batch, please!



Carrot Cookies are definitely a family favorite!

My mom, grandma and great-grandma made them when I was a little girl and now I make them for my family :)

I made some for Easter and they were quickly gobbled up ...

So on Monday Ben said, "We need need more cookies ... why didn't you make a bigger batch?
I said, "I made a double batch."
He said, "Make a quadruple batch then!"
(Oh to have the metabolism of a high school athlete!)

So I made some (because I am such a nice Mom!) and thought I would share the recipe.

Carrot Cookies:

3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. shortening
1 egg
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. coconut
1 c. of cooked and mashed carrots

(* I always double the batch, apparently I should be quadrupling it)

Scoop into balls and place on baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes (slightly toasted looking)


and then the secret to making these a family favorite for years and years ...

Orange Frosting



4 T. butter (softened)
pinch of salt
Juice and grated rind of one orange
Add powdered sugar to desired consistency

Frost cookies and enjoy, like this!!

0 comments: