Friday, October 14, 2011

I know CPR ...

After years and years of CPR classes for life guarding and nursing I finally had a chance to use my skills (outside of the hospital, that is).
It happened on Tuesday when I was outside picking up our yard, doing a little weeding, and pooper-scooping ...
All of the sudden I heard a plop!  I looked over and my iPhone had fallen into the pool!  GASP!  (I swear our pool attracts all of my phones)  It happened to be on a step, so I quickly grabbed it out ... took off all the cases ... and frantically dried it off ... all of my CPR training had not covered how to remove the SIM card, so I had to do a quick Google search :) and then removed it ...
at this point my phone was still on!  So I continued my resuscitation efforts.  I got my hairdryer and tried to dry things off that way and finally I stuffed the whole thing into a bag of rice!


Several hours later the phone was still working except the keyboard sounds and phone speaker ... so back into the bag of rice it went.
Later that night it was working completely ... I had saved my iPhone from certain death!  (Ben even took it apart later to check for condensation and all was good, the water damage indicators had not even been triggered).  Impressive, I know :)

0 comments: