Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm a Day Girl



The last weekend in July I jetted away to the annual Day Girl Retreat.  My grandma, Vaudis Day Evans, is the daughter of Willard Day.  Willard was one of eight siblings raised in Draper, UT.  All of the girls that are descendants of those 8 Day children (7 boys and 1 girl) make up "The Day Girls".  When you graduate from high school you are officially in the group and this year there were over 70 of us - pretty cool!
It was fun to have a get-away with my Mom and sister and to be able visit with all those amazing ladies!

3 Generations of Day girls!

 Me, Connie and Aimee

The Willard Day group swept the raffle!  Caitlin won the coveted quilt and I won a cute apron. Yeah!

The Willard Day Family



(Thanks to Shawni for the pictures)

0 comments: