Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rewind ...

My Mom noticed that I have a few holes in my postings from this summer and requested one about Ben's BYU Soccer Camp experience.
Going to this camp was out of Ben's comfort zone ...  but he agreed to give it a try. 
We checked him into the dorms Monday and picked him up Thursday evening.
When they gave us the schedule for the week I noticed that they were selling BYU soccer apparel, so I asked if he wanted extra money for that ...  and I got a very adamant "NO!"  [is that Steve's bad influence or because of Ben's Nike contract?]
Anyway ... he sent me text messages through the week that said things were 'Good' [I know, not a lot to go on, but better than wanting to come home] and one Wednesday he sent me a text that said he bought a BYU soccer jersey ;)  I have to say I probably had the hardest time, worrying how he was, if he was making any friends, eating, etc
When all was said and done he had a great experience, worked out hard and long, and met friends from all over the world! 
He was even selected by his coaches as an ALL-STAR - pretty great!
Reluctantly being photographed by Mom

Receiving the All-Star Award!

0 comments: